Ovenbrite DMCA policy
.... How to complain .... General Instructions .... Formatting .... Notices and counter-claims ....
Ovenbrite DMCA policy
Ovenbrite North West is a UK company, and is not subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) as it is a United States law.
However, Ovenbrite North West doesn’t condone breach of copyright or piracy. Consequently when dealing with copyright infringement claims we follow the principles of the DMCA, in so far as in our sole discretion we deem reasonable and proportionate to the breach.
Complaints must be filed in the form of either
- An email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter sent to: 11 Osborne St, Salford, M6 5LG, UK
Please only send your complaint via one of the mediums listed above. It is not necessary to send it to us in multiple formats.
Complaints must include the following:
- A reasonably sufficient amount of contact information
- A working phone number
- Reasonably sufficient and specific information about the alleged violation
- Correct formatting in accordance with DMCA requirements (see below)
Our form of notice is consistent with that suggested by the US DMCA Act. You can find the full text at www.copyright.gov.
If you wish to file an infringement complaint with us, please note that you are liable if you misrepresent that any product or activity is infringing upon your copyright(s).
If you are not sure whether the material available online infringes your copyright, we strongly suggest that you obtain legal advice before filing a complaint.
Please include the following in order for us to process your request as quickly as possible:
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing
- Information sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in an email is the best method to help us locate content quickly. It is insufficient to state “all infringing material.” The DMCA insists you include all URLs that contain the infringing material.
- Information to permit us to contact you
- an address
- telephone number, and
- an email address
- You may not present an anonymous DMCA complaint.
- Your complaint must include the following statement:
- Your complaint must also include the following statement:
- Sign the document.
“I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
“The information in the notification is accurate and that, under the penalty of perjury, I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Notices and Counter-claims:
Ovenbrite North West may document the cases of copyright infringement upon which we act. As is the case with all legal notices, a copy of the notice will be made available to the public and/or sent to third parties who may make it available to the public.
We are required to notify subscribers if their materials have been removed as a result of an alleged copyright infringement, in accordance with the safe harbor provisions of DMCA. They also require us to allow subscribers an opportunity to send a written notice to us stating that their material has been wrongly removed.
Under such circumstances, on provision of a proper “counter-notice” to the initial claim we will follow the counter notice provisions of the DMCA.